Are You Drinking With Me, Jesus?
Brothers and Sisters
It’s been a long, hard year now since Brother Randy Hickey fell from grace – grace in this instance being a ladder – and there were times when his suffering knew no limit. Was the Lord testing our brother? Or was he just a clumsy twat?
But a miracle has happened, friends. Last night, almost exactly a year from his fall, Brother Randy walked without assistance – no crutch, no stick – other than the assistance that the Lord surely gave him.
This can’t go unacknowledged and so Brother Randy has put together a righteous collection of good Christian country music for all y’all.
1. Hank Williams – Dust On The Bible
2. Roy Acuff – I Saw The Light
3. Ernest Phipps & His Holiness Singers – Shine On Me
4. Bobby Bare – Dropkick Me Jesus
5. The York Country Boys – I’m Using My Bible For A Roadmap
6. Porter Wagoner – What Would You Do (If Jesus Came To Your House?)
7. Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen – Family Bible
8. Gillian Welch – By The Mark
9. The Carter Family – No Telephone In Heaven
10. George Jones – The Old Rugged Cross
11. Gillian Welch & Allison Krauss – I’ll Fly Away
12. The Louvin Brothers – A Higher Power
13. Johnny Cash – The Man Comes Around
14. Hank Thompson – This Train
15. Gram Parsons – The Christian Life
16. George Jones & Tammy Wynette – God’s Gonna Getcha For That
17. Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee – God & Man
18. Redd Harper – Christian Cowboy
19. Jello Biafra & Mojo Nixon – Are You Drinking With Me, Jesus?
20. Th’ Legendary Shack Shakers – Born Again, Again